Diesel Mechanics knowledge is preferred , but will consider training the applicant that has the right attitude. Enjoy working with the best tools and training available that has earned us a reputation as a leader in our industry.
The position is a comfortable 8 to 5 monday to friday with comparable wages and a full benifit package available.
JOB REQUIREMENTS CONTINUED
- Maintenance, trouble shooting, and repair of all truck systems, ford, dodge and gm product line.
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals on paper and in PC based formats.
- Write and type service reports.
- Open and close repair orders as required.
- Assist in training apprentice mechanics in the trade if a qualified automotive technician.
- Attend additional training as required.
- Maintain personal and company tooling that gets used to do the job.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists
DAILY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Raise trucks, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Valid B.C. drivers license.
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.